Sexual Assault Response Team (SART)
SART (Sexual Assault Response Team) advocates are trained Vassar faculty, staff, and administrators who can provide you with support, help you access resources, or give you information about sexual assault, dating violence, domestic violence, and stalking. They can be reached 24/7 by calling the Campus Response Center (CRC) at 845-437-7333 and asking to speak to a SART advocate.
Just because you call does not mean that you have to make a report, nor does it mean that an advocate will file one, though if you choose to do so, an advocate can provide you with information about how to proceed and what the process looks like. Advocates will keep your personally identifiable information private (unless there is a cause for fear for your safety or the safety of others).
SART advocates use a survivor-centered approach. That means from the moment that you call, you are in complete control. SART advocates will not push you to do anything; they will guide you along a process that feels right to you by providing you with information about resources on and off campus and letting you make decisions based on what feels comfortable.
Upon initial contact, SART advocates will:
- Offer information about resources that you might use to address personal, medical, psychological, safety, and academic concerns related to the incident.
- Provide guidance on procedures to be followed and names to be contacted for gaining rapid access to these resources.
- Offer to make initial contacts with resource providers and to introduce you to appropriate contact people, both on and off campus.
- Clarify distinctions between campus, civil, and criminal adjudication procedures and offer to help you make initial contacts with appropriate offices on campus, if you want.
- Serve as a liaison with other members of SART who may share more extensive knowledge of particular resources that you are interested in pursuing.
- Remain in close contact with the SAVP Director to ensure a coordinated, timely, and appropriate support system for you.
Arianna Schlegel, Library
Barbara Olsen, Faculty
Carol Lynn Marshall, Library
Charlotte Strauss Swanson, SAVP
Dayle Rebelein, Staff, Education Department
Gretchen Lieb, Library
Heidy Berthoud, Library
Janet Gray, Faculty
Lydia Murdoch, Faculty
Tracy Wright-Mauer, Library