The Sexual Assault and Violence Prevention Committee at Vassar College is dedicated to addressing and promoting a cultural shift in the norms associated with sexual assault, dating violence, and stalking on campus by:
- Fostering dialogue among campus departments;
- Maintaining a coordinated, victim-centered campus response;
- Raising awareness through collaborative events and resources;
- Educating students, faculty, and staff on how to prevent sexual assault, dating violence, and stalking through ongoing trainings on bystander intervention, consent, and social norms; and
- Informing students, faculty, and staff of Vassar’s policies and procedures related to sexual assault, dating violence, and stalking.
SAVP Committee Members 2016/2017
- Anne Dadarria, Health Services
- Brittney Denley, EOAA/Title IX
- Candice Brown, Athletics
- Charlotte Strauss Swanson, SAVP
- Jodie Castanza, LGBTQ/Women's Centers
- Kim Squillace, Safety and Security
- Renee Pabst, Health Education
- Sarah Dolan, SAVP Intern
Interested in sitting on a subcommittee? Email Charlotte Strauss Swanson!